Saturday 21 February 2009

Attacking the list...

So it's finally the weekened and we can do some gaming. Yay!

It's weird really 'cause in work yesterday I was thinking to myself that this week had flown and that I could have used a few more hours to finished off some of the things I am working on. However - when I look at the game consoles collecting dust next to the telly I feel that it has been so long since I've played that I'm not sure that my opposing thumbs are going to be working at their usual speed. And that would in a way be like spitting at evolution. You did know that is the REAL reason for opposing thumbs right?

Anyway - we sent a long list of all our Wii, Gamecube and Xbox games to http://www.gamepeople.co.uk and asked them which ones they wanted us to review as a couple and this is what they sent us back:

Wii:
Kororinpa
Link's Crossbow Training
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Xbox:
Left 4 Dead

Gamecube:
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Chibi-Robo!
TimeSplitters2


I have to say that I'm really looking forward to playing some of the older ones again. Been wanting to do it for ages and this is just the kick of the backside that we needed. The ones that I'm looking forward to the most are probably the Gamecube games like the 2 Pikmin ones and Chibi-Robo. Ah - the amount of fun you can have running around as a little robot cleaning the floor with a toothbrush. Chibi-Robo is also one of the games that I mainly played on my own last time and that I actually finished! :) Will be fun to play it again with my other half in our usual "taking turns" way that we tend to play in. A lot of games in this household tend to never get a chance to show us their end credits. This is mainly due to the "too many choices, not enough hours" syndrome rather than the "this game is not very good" syndrome.

We are still not 100% sure which game to start with but we'll probably pick something that is short and quick so we can get writing pretty quickly. Probably one of the Wii options but we'll see.

Anyway - I'll post an update later on once we have actually gotten started on something. :)

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment