Sunday 15 March 2009

DS - Trauma Center Under The Knife

Dug out another one of our old DS games - Trauma Center Under The Knife. Never really spent a lot of time playing this game when we first bought it so I thought I would have another go.

You have just finished your internship and have to perform your first procedures as a young male doctor. The game teaches you the variuos steps that have to be performed during surgery and you of course have to do these to the best of your ability - preferably without killing any patients along the way!

The first few levels are fairly easy and I for some bizare reason quite enjoy learning how to pull pieces of glas out of someones heart. As the clock is ticking and the patients vital stats are dropping, I almost find myself getting slightly stressed! I have to say that it's not exactly the most realistic game and will probably not help you save someones life in the real world, but somehow I feel slightly more qualified to administer a Hello Kitty bandage now.

After a few chapters you discover that you have a hidden talent that allows you to slow down time so you can perform more things during your surgeries. This is where the game (at least for me) all of a sudden becomes a lot more difficult. I am currently stuck at a level where I for some reason kill my patient over and over again which is getting really annoying. I might be missing a trick here but I checked the other save games and this the very same level where I got stuck last time. Don't get me wrong - I do prefer to have to use a little bit of skills when playing games, but the jump between the previous level and the current one just seems to be ridicolous.

I will probably have another few goes at getting past this level before I give up and the game returns to the bookshelf upstairs. It will stay there collecting dust for another few years until I again forget why I stopped playing the previous time and have another go at turning into the next Dr McDreamy.

ttfn

1 comment:

  1. I must have some kind of block when it comes to the Trauma Center games because I am craptacular at them! lol

    ReplyDelete